On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Simon Cozens wrote:

> Hrm, there isn't an easy way to say this, but an issue with module
> reviews is that they're generally written by someone with a particular
> bias towards their own solution. (I say that as someone who wrote one
> too ;)
>
> That's not necessarily a problem if they're presented as a "I took a
> look at the options and this is why I'm doing it my way", but is not
> all it could be if it is presented as an unbiased review.

One way to ameliorate this is to allow others to contribute.  For the POOP
comparison, I've taken contributions from other module authors describing
their modules and/or correcting my mistakes in describing them, so
hopefully it's a bit more balanced.  For the date/time stuff, it's obvious
from my perl.com article that I considered the situation hopeless, I think
;)

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com