Simon Cozens writes:

> Hrm, there isn't an easy way to say this, but an issue with module
> reviews is that they're generally written by someone with a particular
> bias towards their own solution.

True.  But:

  * In order for you to have come to that conclusion, the bias must've
    been obvious in the reviews.  In which case the review is still
    better than nothing, because the readers can take the review into
    account.

  * If a particular reviewer manages to hide her/his bias sufficiently
    and they've been convincing enough to persuade people og her/his
    viewpoint then well done to them -- has any harm really been done?

And of course there's nothing to prevent multiple authors writing rival
articles -- people are more likely to link to and point others at
whichever one they find the most useful.

But yes, as the CGI::Lite maintainer I do have an interest in a review
of CGI-related modules: I'd like it to put people off using CGI::Lite so
that I can stop trying to maintain it and everybody can use something
saner instead ...

Smylers