On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 07:38:51PM -0400, Randy W. Sims wrote:

> It would be much nicer if [perlmonks] was readable as a nntp or at least a
> mailing list; I've always found http-based discussion boardss awkward to
> navigate and difficult to figure out what I have and haven't read.
> Wonder why this hasn't been done?

There is an RSS feed:
http://www.perlmonks.org/headlines.rdf

RSS readers often help you manage what you have and haven't read. I like
to use 'snownews' in a terminal.

Also, you can the voting feature to help keep track of what yo've read.
Just vote everything you read up or down. :) Admittedly, that strategy
works best once you've been there a while and have lots of votes to use.

        Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/