On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 07:58:02AM -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > I can see two minor bugs that require little more than a line or two of
> > changes to fix them, and one feature request which includes code.  Are
> > there some other bugs I'm missing?
>
> This bug is not minor:
> http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=1854
>
> Uploads from Windows are not being detected properly. (Which is a much
> broader issue than the bug name implies.)
>
> They are easy fixes, but they are unfixed now, which is why I can't
> currently recommend it. With one important bug being open for over a
> year, it doesn't seem promising that it will get fixed Real Soon Now.
>
> > Personally I would rather see efforts made on fixing these bugs than
> > releasing a new module with an almost identical name that does something
> > less useful for most of the people, most of the time.

        It would be nice if there were some way to take over management of
the module from the current owner. If they aren't responsive, there ought
to be some mechanism for doing it without their input.
        Having multiple modules which appear to provide parallel benefit
can end up confusing the users as to which module is the best.

        Anyway, my point being that it would be nice if you could take over
CGI::Upload itself, and maybe just add functionality to that.

        Austin