* Chris Josephes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-06-16 17:56]:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> > Another perspective: I do see signs that the current rating
> > system is helping. After receiving several negative ratings,
> > CGI::NeedSSL has been pulled from CPAN.
>
> What was the deal with this?  I never used the module, I was
> just curious about what happened.

IIRC its entire functionality was a few wrapper functions around
an environment variable check.  I'm not sure that's all there was
to the ruckus, but it really was superfluous.

Aristotle
"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."