Eric Wilhelm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What I'm trying to do with Getopt::Modern here is to establish some
> conventions which allow this to happen internally.  This saves the
> author some code and gives the user a guaranteed consistent experience
> with multiple programs.
>
> The debate on the usefullness of '--no-' appears to say it's useful.
>
> The debate on its behavior says that there are historical (and
> convenience) reasons to keep its evaluation in command-line order.
>
> What I'll probably end-up with is something like '--un-' performing the
> above task of initializing internal values.

I'd strongly suggest that if you really break the long standing
conventions, even for perfectly valid reasons!, please select a
distinctive form so users know what to expect. In an earlier message I
referred to the former GNU convention of starting the (then new style
of) command line options with a "+" instead of a minus.

-- Johan