On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 11:30 PM, David Landgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gabor Szabo wrote:
>  > As I am usually using Module::Build I did not know that a recent
>  > version of MakeMaker
>  > has started to support the LICENSE parameter and will include it in
>  > the automatically
>  > created META.yml.
>
>  That has been the case for a couple of years or so. I think it was first
>  introduced in 6.30.

Now are you telling me... :-)

and I have been giving the lack of LICENSE support of MakeMaker as the excuse
why so many modules have their Lincense set to Unknown on search.cpan.org.[1]

Then why are there still 9920 Distributions failing
'metayml_has_license' of CPANTS?

Is that so unimportant or are the module author unaware of the way
they can add it.

It would be interesting to see how many of the modules with a recent
(in the last 12 months)
have their license field missing.

Gabor
[1] Among others I have talked to the Debian and Fedora packagers and
they both said that one of
the problematic issues with CPAN modules is the lack or incorrect
license information.
While they don't specifically use META.yml it is certainly one of the
places where the license
information should be.