David Landgren wrote:
Gabor Szabo wrote:
As I am usually using Module::Build I did not know that a recent
version of MakeMaker
has started to support the LICENSE parameter and will include it in
the automatically
created META.yml.

That has been the case for a couple of years or so. I think it was first introduced in 6.30.

Yup, back in 2005.

However, using the LICENSE parameter will cause the build to break on any system with EU::MM < 6.30 installed. (Granted, they should upgrade - but I'd rather avoid unnecessary breakage).

Perhaps checking for the version of EU::MM available and only passing the LICENSE param if it's > 6.30 would be appropriate; after all, the LICENSE param only matters when doing a "make dist" anyway.