On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM, David Golden <xda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Kartik Thakore <thakore.kar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it possible to have
>>
>> 2.2.1beta1 VERSION, for a perl module?
>
> It's not advisable.
>
> C.f. http://www.dagolden.com/index.php/369/version-numbers-should-be-boring/

Hum. This is for an application (a game), not a module, and I want it
to be clearly labelled as a beta release. So fine with "There are no
standard conventions for alphanumerics, and you just make life hard
for the machines, which means no help for the humans." but I don't see
the big problem for machines and I don't know how to say "hey this is
beta" only with numbers; especially if "5.005_03 is equivalent to
5.5.30", I don't see how this could be considered to mark it beta/dev
:/

Thanks for your help..

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/