On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:02 AM, David Golden <xda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Kartik Thakore <thakore.kar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> How do we make this work?
>>
>> I get a error doing this.
>
> I think you need to be a lot more specific about "this".  I'm
> beginning to suspect an XY problem.
>
> Walk us through -- step by step -- what you're trying to accomplish,
> the steps you're taking, and the "errors" that you're seeing.

Kartik and friends rewrote SDL_perl (a Perl module with SDL bindings)
using a different API. Then they ported my Perl-based game to using
that new Perl module, and to be CPAN-friendly. My game previous
versions were 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, so now I would like it to be
versioned 2.2.1. But prior to that, I would like to release a beta
version because I suspect a couple of corner cases to contain bugs. So
we're looking for a way to version it 2.2.1-beta1 or something
similar, in order for it to NOT be included in stable distributions or
replace 2.2.0 for regular users. Then we'll release 2.2.1 in a couple
of weeks when no more important bugs are known.

Thanks for your patience :)

PS: is an XY problem bound to a specific gender? do you think giving
the problem to an XX person would solve it faster? :)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/