It's been 5 days since I wrote this RFC. I need to get moving on the
namespace issue; I'm ready to write code. I suspect I gave too much
detail, so I'll be brief.

Hump -- whatever it finally is called -- is conceived as a tool that
manages files and folders in a developer's working tree. I'm not
satisfied that a single tree structure or organization applies
invariably as a project moves from one machine to another and I dislike
the large number of tools needed to handle the moves themselves -- Git,
rsync, ssh, Module::Build, etc.

Hump will abstract the process of moving a project from one place to
another, encapsulating details without obscuring them. I plan to start
this as a CLI tool but expect soon to build a GUI for convenience, while
retaining a CLI for power. Besides the actual application(s), I plan to
break out major functionality into submodules, so developer-users will
have maximum flexibility.

I'm looking for a top-level namespace to put Hump under. I expect quite
a few submodules under the *::Hump:: but filling in that * is my goal
today. Absent violent objection, I plan to keep the 'Hump' part of the
name.

Replies to this RFC can be as long as you wish or as short as a line.
I'll appreciate all suggestions.

--
-Xiong