On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 10:40 -0400, David Golden wrote:

> Is this Perl-specific?

Let's say 'yes'. I don't intend to set arbitrary limits but my
orientation is to Perl.

> Most perl developer tools seem to be winding
> up under Module::* or Dist::*

Thanks for the concrete suggestions. I tend to see modules in those
namespaces as more wrap-up-and-kick-out-the-door tools, rather than
ongoing development aids. But that's a quibble; I don't think either is
a bad fit. I had thought seriously of 'File::', since it deals largely
with whole-file movement.

> I agree with Ricardo...

I don't see his comment, either in email or in the perl.module-authors
newsgroup. Would you be kind enough to repost it?

> ... "Hump" has some negative meanings...

{sigh} I'd like to hope that engineers are able to say 'screw' without
inciting "Huh-huh-huh, he said 'screw'". I may be wrong. 'Hump' may not
be particularly descriptive. I particularly like it because it's short
and easy to type.

Other thoughts:

::Tug
::Porter