On 11/10/2011 11:11 AM, Neil Bowers wrote:
> If someone comes along and thinks "hey, this would be useful, and I can
> improve it",
> we should make it easier for the baton to be passed on, as it will improve
> the overall quality
> of CPAN.
>
> All the while still respecting the original author [1]

My feelings exactly - a tricky balance.

> This pledge is one of the ideas which came from reviewing a bunch of modules,
> which I'm presenting at the London Perl Workshop. You going?

I wanted to, but thesis/life got in the way.  They're a great bunch.  I was
even at the auction where they decided that meetings would be held on the
Thursday after the first Wednesday of the month.  Still makes me smile.

> Code Donor Register (CDR)?

I think David's found the name for when you've moved on.  Some people die,
some find a life and for the rest, there's CPAN.

Boyd