Hi, mister Trocki,

First, let me congratulate you for your remarquable program !

At this moment, I can't send a screen shot of the outputs because I'm not at the office, but I can tell you what I found this afternoon :

ps -ef | grep mon :     this shows a very long list of  the process "/usr/sbin/perl  ./mon -c ./etc/mon.cf",  the PID of one is the PPID  of the next one and so on....

moncmd list pids :  this command shows only one PID, the server PID

I execute MON with with a user, not as root.

Thanks for your help

  Jim Trocki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, [iso-8859-1] Sampe wrote:

> The problem is the following : I let MON run for a one night, and the next morning MON has made a lot of child processes : about 1500, 2 new process by minut !!

what does the output of "ps auxwww" show?

also, what does "moncmd list pids" show?

Yahoo! Mail -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !