Hi Dave, hi list,

> This is interesting, as it makes it clear that Mon doesn't think it has
> executed the alert.  (As opposed to it ran the alert, but the alert failed
> to send mail.)  This leads me to believe that either mail.alert doesn't
> exist in the alert directory (as defined in the 'alertdir' directive in
> mon.cfg) or mail.alert doesn't have the executable bit set.

no, mail.alert is ok as far as i know. i use this alert for nearly all
my watchs and mail get sent fine. it has something to with trapping, i am sure. i
found some comments on the list, one talking about a patch,
suggesting to remove a "undef" definition somewhere, but i am not sure
if i should do this as i dont know what it affects... perhaps jim could
comment on this. this is the message on the archive:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mon@linux.kernel.org/msg00341.html

best regards,
philipp

--

Philipp Steinkrueger

PGPkeyID: 690A9504
Key Fingerprint: 35CE 467E C813 06B0 B8E3  0275 2B1E E84A 690A 9504