On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Ed Ravin wrote:
> Andrew Ryan writes:
> > Since no one had really asked for it, I thought I'd add that to mon.cgi
> > and see if anyone actually used it, at least it could provide some basic
> > access control. Using separate directories like this, each with their own
> > mon.cgi.cf file, you could accomplish some neat things with apache
> > authentication and access control directives, with URL's like this:

> > http://your.mon.server/customer1/mon.cgi
> > http://your.mon.server/customer2/mon.cgi
>
> The issue is when customer1 tries to use customer2's URL - since Mon
> is doing the authentication, not mon.cgi, how do we keep customer1
> from using his password to view customer2's information?

My idea here was that you'd have Apache authentication set up to keep the
customer1 and customer2 from viewing each others' pages. If you use mon
with PAM auth, and something like pam_ldap, and an apache auth service
like auth_ldap, you can even have mon and apache share the same user DB.

> Perhaps the answer is in the patches?  Please send them...

Probably not, but I'll send them out soon. It will really be a new rev
of mon.cgi at this point, I think (basically just a bugfix release).

andrew