Hi Jeff,

My issues could come down to the performance of my MacBook it is pretty old a
dual core, 4gb of ram, how much better does monodevelop run on a quad core, I
see my CPU max'ed out for many minutes at a time when compiling is happening,
memory seems to be ok so I am guessing there is not excessive paging of memory,
so it comes down to CPU and a bit of hdd.

my current MacBook is:-

  Model Name:   MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier:     MacBookPro3,1
  Processor Name:       Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:      2.2 GHz
  Number of Processors: 1
  Total Number of Cores:        2
  L2 Cache:     4 MB
  Memory:       4 GB
  Bus Speed:    800 MHz

I am contemplating a quad core 15" with a solid state hdd with 8gb of ram, I
need to reduce the compile round trip times significantly if I can, is it worth
investigating this route?

ATB

Alex