Hi Alex,

It's worth investigating. I can make no guarantees that your current
hardware is the cause of the xcode syncing problem, of course, but it's
possible. Upgrading your hardware certainly wouldn't hurt. A year ago when
I was doing a lot of work on the Xcode syncing stuff, I was finding that
4GB of RAM for running 2 copies of MonoDevelop (debugging MonoDevelop
inside MonoDevelop) and Xcode side-by-side was a bit on the slow side and
once I upgraded my RAM, things ran a lot faster. 8GB of RAM and an SSD
should improve things a lot for you.

That said, I did find one error in the log files you sent me yesterday
indicating a race condition that caused an NRE during one of the last syncs
in your most recent MonoDevelop session. I'm not 100% sure that it is the
cause of the failure to sync, but it might be. The problem is that I'm not
sure how the race was happening (the only way I can see how it could have
happened is if our AppleSdkSettings object emitted a Changed event
mid-sync, but I'm not sure how that could happen). That was the only
code-path that didn't do the proper locking before modifying some internal
state variables used by the syncing process. I've added the proper locking
for an upcoming MonoDevelop 3.0.4.8 release (I can provide a pre-release
download for you as soon as I get to the office). Maybe you can test it out
for a few days and see if it seems to solve the issue for you.

Hope that helps,

Jeff