The last attempt by the local rigger looks good, but he used a top swage 
eye terminal slightly heftier than the original, and it won't fit into 
the fork of the masthead fitting far enough to allow insertion of the 
pin. The Devil is in the details, indeed. Duplicate means duplicate, not 
approximate. There are plenty of good riggers in Florida, but I managed 
to pick one of the others.

Keep singing the praises of your local sail shop, as you want them to 
stay in business!

David Fann


On Saturday, December 22, 2001, at 09:05 AM, Bill Riker wrote:

> David,
>
> My rigging experience was just the opposite.  I found a couple of broken
> wires at the top of my M15 side stays, symmetrical, with one broken on 
> each
> side.  Took one down the street to a sail shop in Sandysky and within 30
> minutes I had the new stays rigged on the boat.
>
> Bill Riker
> M-15 #184
> Storm Petrel
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to