Riddle of the Sands has rarely been out of print. The Penguin paperback 
(ISBN 0 14 00.0905 1) has been continually available from new-book 
sellers since 1978. I have given several copies as gifts over the years 
and never had trouble getting it from the publisher or through book 
stores.

The new (1998) hard-cover edition from Seafarer Books in the UK (UK ISBN 
085036 476 0) and the US from Sheridan House (US ISBN 157409 015 1) has 
a larger, much easier to read format. The maps and charts are large 
enough to be quite legible. I have put aside my Penguin paperback and 
the maps I enlarged on a copier.

This morning, Amazon.com offers the Penguin edition for $7.95 and the 
hard cover for $11.96.

David Fann


On Tuesday, December 25, 2001, at 10:52 PM, Larry Yake wrote:

> Connie,
>   Thanks for the tip on where to find "Riddle of the Sands".  It was on
> my Christmas wish list, but Santa couldn't find it either, so I'm back 
> on
> the hunt.
> Larry Y.
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to