Hi Rich,

FWIW:  About 10 years ago when I bought the MICRO in Michigan, I had a 4
cylinder GOLF (100 HP) with a standard transmission.

When we got to Michigan, I found that the MICRO was on a trailer (I
presume it came from a mobile home) and later calculations proved that
the trailer weighed about twice what the MICRO weighed.  So, when we
hooked up, the poor little Golf was being asked to haul at least 3000
lbs.

The Golf did it very well.  From Michigan to Florida via I-75, and then
back home to Connecticut via I-95.

I-75 goes through a considerable mountanous area, and though I had to
shift down from 5th to 4th to 3rd and very occasionally to 2nd, the Golf
performed flawlessly, and we arrived in Florida, and a month later back
in Connecticut without incident.

Naturally, once I got back to Connecticut, the first order of business
was to find a "proper" trailer that reflected the weight it had to carry.

Having found the new trailer, and modifying it for the MICRO, it was a
very nice rig to tow with the Golf, and it went back and forth to Florida
twice; to Lake Champlain through the Adirondack mountains, with no
mechanical problems.

Presently I am hauling our M15 with a VW GOLF GTI with automatic
transmission, and I'm very happy with the set-up, though this spring I'll
add brakes to the trailer.  The automatic doesn't brake as well going
downhill as did the manual transmission.

Connie

________________________________________________________________
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
Join Juno today!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to