Sounds simple and sensible, Jerry, thanks.  I understand your point about
the anchor on the pulpit.  --Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Mongomery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 2:48 PM
Subject: Anchoring


I keep the anchor in the port-side bilge locker, accessed thru the cockpit
seat hatch, and anchor the boat from the cockp0it, where I have control of
the tiller, then walk the line forward to cleat it off.  I pull the anchor
the same way, dropping the chain right in the locker.  I never liked hanging
the anchor on the pulpit on a boat as small as a 17 because of an aversion
to weight aloft.  I keep the anchor and chain in the bilge locker where it
becomes ballast.

Jerry

----- Original Message -----
From: "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 5:51 PM
Subject: Anchoring



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to