|
Tom:
I agree that the best mainsheet arrangement for the 15 is right where Jerry put it. I also sit forward and work the main. This boat is a cross between a dingy and keel boat. I've sailed both for many years and loved them both. The Montgomery 15 offers the excitement of a centerboarder and the safety of a keel boat. Rich Cottrell
"Smith, Tom" wrote: I trim my mainsheet frequently, especially in gusty conditions where I prefer not to point up and luff but rather ease then harden the sheet. Thus mainsheet control on the transom would be very inconvenient for me. Are you saying handling the main and steering is not more difficult with this arrangement? How so? Isn't there a certain amount of reaching across, or backward handedness to this setup? How did you solve this problem? Tom Smith |
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Randy Watkins
- RE: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Smith, Tom
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Joe Kidd
- RE: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Smith, Tom
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 rc2222
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Joe Kidd
- M_Boats: M17 Tongue-Positioned Ma... Honshells
- RE: M_Boats: M17 Tongue-Posit... Roberta & Mark Dvorscak
- M_Boats: M17 Tongue-Posi... Honshells
- Re: M_Boats: M17 Ton... Howard Audsley
- M_Boats: M17 Ton... Honshells
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Steve R
- RE: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Smith, Tom
- Re: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Ken Abrahams
- RE: M_Boats: Main Sheet Leads M15 Smith, Tom
