That measurement DOES help, Mark, thanks:  My boat is an '83 also.  I can
never remember the hull # and my documentation is buried in clutter.  I want
to say that I have hull #382, which would mean that Montgomery Marine built
at least 8 more boats in '83.  I suppose it's possible that the pulpit type
could have changed within 8 boats, because it apparently changed from Larry
Yake's '76 model (76") to your '83.  It's enough to know, at this point,
that the prefab crutch won't work.  --Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roberta & Mark Dvorscak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 2:29 AM
Subject: M17 Tongue-Positioned Mast-Crutch


I just built a mast crutch this year for my 1983 M17 on a Trailrite
trailer. The crutch is 70" tall and the mast just clears the pulpit by
an inch or so. It looks like that 60" crutch you're looking at will need
to grow 10" before you could use it. I can't give you my deck to pulpit
height because GRACE is in her slip at the marina and I can't get there
until next weekend. Hope this helps.
Mark Dvorscak
M17 #400
GRACE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Honshells
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 12:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: M17 Tongue-Positioned Mast-Crutch

Older M17 owners:  Do any of you know the distance from top of the
Trailrite
tongue to the top of the bow pulpit?  My boat is in a cradle at a
fiberglass
shop, so I can't measure the distance myself.  I want to add a
tongue-mounted mast crutch to hold the mast so that it doesn't have to
rest
on the bow pulpit while trailering.  I can get a 5' high, prefabricated
galvanized mast crutch from a local trailer builder, but I don't know if
5'
will clear the bow pulpit while the boat is on the trailer.  Thanks!




_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to