On 6/9/02 9:03 PM, "Honshells" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> That measurement DOES help, Mark, thanks:  My boat is an '83 also.  I can
> never remember the hull # and my documentation is buried in clutter.  I want
> to say that I have hull #382, which would mean that Montgomery Marine built
> at least 8 more boats in '83.  I suppose it's possible that the pulpit type
> could have changed within 8 boats, because it apparently changed from Larry
> Yake's '76 model (76") to your '83.  It's enough to know, at this point,
> that the prefab crutch won't work.  --Craig
> 
> 
Craig: I had one added last year before my CBR trip. Had a welding shop cut
a piece of 2" x 2" steel tube. They measured the length to the pulpit. They
added flat bars on each side at the top, then I added a rubber v-shaped bow
stop. I also had them weld on a couple links of chain to hook tie-downs
and/or bungee cords to hold it in place. It also was welded to the front of
the winch stand to brace it. Works great. Cost was not high....maybe less
than $100 for labor and materials.

I prefer this setup to the old way of lashing the mast to the pulpit.

Howard
M-17, #278


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to