Hi Irv:
My '76 Montgomery had a stuck c'board when I bought it, I freed it while
trailering  by giving about 2 inches of slack line on the pendant and
running down 10 miles of  slightly rough road ( I-10 East from Vidor Tx.
toward Louisiana), no fooling when I got to Lake Charles the board was free.

Good luck

Wayne
----- Original Message -----
From: "Irv Kooris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: colapsing trunk?


> I think the idea is replacing the old boards with a glass leaded one that
> would fit the older boats. The question I have is how to free my board on
> Eugene's old boat. He showed me pictures of the board being down and out
> before he cleaned it. He told me it was taken down and epoxied. I have
been
> unable to free the board since purchasing her. Any ideas? She is in the
> water. Even with the board up she sails real well.
> Irv
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of dik
> lang
> Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 4:02 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: M_Boats: colapsing trunk?
>
>
>
> I have heard a lot of talk about sticking centerboards and always thought
it
> just due to marine growth and or rust on the board. How can the trunk
> colapse? How many boats actually suffer from this? It would seem the
easiest
> way to remedy the rust issue would be to drop the board, grind it smooth
and
> coat with epoxy. Why bother with replacing with a glassed lead one (though
> it does sound totally cool!).
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
> http://www.hotmail.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
>


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to