Wish I'd known this before I bought my 4-horse . . . Personally, where outboards are 
concerned, I think
smaller is better . . . I would prefer to mount the smallest motor that would work . . 
.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: New old M-17


Bill,

Captain Eugene, who had an M17, but no engine, asked me if I could help
him get his boat from the Coast Guard mooring at New London, on the
Thames River, to the launch ramp.

We mounted my short shaft HONDA 2 HP on Eugene's M17, and with four
adults on board, went up the Thames, against an outgoing tide, very
nicely.

We might not have reached hull speed for the M17, but there was no
problem moving the M17 and it's load.

My HONDA is the earlier model - without the clutch.

I have no problems with it getting in or out of my slip.  I fire up the
engine, turn it 180 degrees so it gives me reverse; release my last
spring line; jump aboard, and    ...........away we go!

The first time you do it, it might be a bit scary, but by the third time,
it's old hat!

Connie



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to