thanks mark, our conditions here are windy to windier to too windy, mostly
too windy, a lot of weekends go unsailed.

gil
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Roberta Dvorscak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 10:54 PM
Subject: RE: M_Boats: Re: monty vs cape dory typhoon


> I don't have any experience with the Cape Dory Typhoon but my 1983 M17
> (with the working jib or a few wraps on the furler and 1 reef in the
> main) is a delight to sail in 25 knot winds. I can heave to for a snack
> with no problem or I can put the rail in the water to try and get my
> wife wet while she's lounging on the leeward cockpit seat. The M17
> inspires great confidence and is just plain fun to sail in a blow. It's
> also an easily trailered boat. As you can tell, I'm hooked. My wife and
> I have spent up to a week on the boat and on several occasions have gone
> for 3 days without setting foot on land. There are other good boats
> around for sure, but I don't believe that there are any better boats in
> the same size.
>
> Mark Dvorscak
> M17 Grace
> M23 Faith
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to