Hello All,

There's a great old book out there called "Sailing Illustrated" by Patrick Royce
It's an incredible sailing resource. Lots of old knowledge, Information and 
illustrations
of one design boats, and chock full of rigging diagrams.
I had the great honor of visiting Mr. Royce before his passing some years back. His
wife is carrying on the printing and distribution of the book and you can find it at
most West Marines.

It covers everything from the rigging on a clipper ship to the rigging on an 8 ft dingy
It's a great read and may be of help for those out there who are looking for 
traditional
and alternate rigging solutions


Mark Escovedo
M17 F/D #103
"Chunky Dory" 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: G Burmeyer<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
  To: Montgomery Boats<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
  Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 5:24 PM
  Subject: Re: M_Boats: Re: reefing


  Bill, 

  I might have thought of using the Cunningham except I don't have one...yet.
  On the other hand, even if I had one, I might not have thought of it. That's
  why I appreciate this list so much: there's always something new to learn.
  Thanks for the post...

   --George Burmeyer M15 #385





  On 4/30/04 3:00 PM, "William B. Riker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> 
wrote:

  > When reefing my M15, I just rerun the Cunningham (downhaul) through the
  > reefing tack grommet and back to the clam cleat.  I leave the original tack
  > attached as usual.
  > 
  > Bill Riker
  > M15 #184 - Storm Petrel
  > 
  > -----Original Message-----
  > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > On Behalf Of G Burmeyer
  > Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 1:31 AM
  > To: Montgomery Boats
  > Subject: Re: M_Boats: Re: reefing
  > 
  > Hi Gary, 
  > 
  > Your set up for reefing must be an upgrade from what I take to be the
  > standard M15 reefing arrangement which leaves the bitter end of the reefing
  > line clam cleated on the boom. That's the arrangement I have, anyhow. But
  > that leaves me with unfastening the tack of the main and re-inserting it
  > into the reefing gromment after I've pulled everything down. Not fun in a
  > blow. I've been considering trying to fit a small reefing hook up there to
  > make this easier, but it sounds like your way of doing it doesn't require
  > messing with the tack of the main or with a hook at the gooseneck. Is that
  > right?
  > 
  > 
  > Also I was wondering: was there any particular reason you chose to put your
  > forward cheek block on the mast instead of on the boom near the gooseneck?
  > 
  > Fair winds...
  > 
  > George Burmeyer M15 #385
  > 
  > 
  > _______________________________________________
  > 
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats<http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats>


  _______________________________________________
  
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats<http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats>

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to