Rich,
You can buy precut rolls of 'Deluxe Marine Bunk Carpet' at West, or you can 
do what I did with my Flicka trailer and purchase indoor/outdoor carpet (not 
the nasty green 'Astroturf' stuff, but rather a nice gray Olefin material) at 
Home Depot (EPA) for a fraction of the price.

Regardless of which you use, make sure to use Monel staples (also available 
at Home Depot in EPA) for fastening the carpet to the bunks.  They stock both 
Stainless and Monel, but the Monel will last longer.

As for the bunk boards, I have been threatening to replace mine with Trex 
2x4's.  Trex is a plastic-wood composite, and is virtually rot proof and does not 
absorb water.  It does not have the same grain strength as fir (and doesn't 
span as well), but I suspect that for the likes of the M15, it should work 
fine.  I used it on my Flicka trailer for the keel guides.  You can find Trex 
locally at T&H lumber in RWC, OK Lumber in San Carlos, and Bruce Bauer Lumber in 
Los Altos/Palo Alto.

If you use pressure treated lumber, keep in mind that the chemical injected 
into the wood is a rot/insect treatment, and not a waterproofing.  You will 
need to seal the treated wood to keep it from drying/splitting/getting soggy.

Good luck!

Scott
M15 #478 'bebe'
PSC Flicka


Original Message:
<<The carpet needs replacing on "Really's" e-z loader
trailer.  I'm going to be keeping the boat in the
water at Coyote Point Harbor for a week.  

I've never replaced carpeting on a trailer before.

Any suggestions or recormmendations?

Thank's for your help.>>


Rich Cottrell
M15


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to