If the bunks are old, you might want to replace them too.  I used the highest quality 
indoor-outdoor carpet (not like the astro-turf sort of stuff--the kind you might use 
on a covered deck or patio) I could find.  

I rented a high quality power stapler to attach.

If you aren't changing out the boards, you can simply cut the carpet to size (based on 
whether you want to just tack along the sides of the bunk, or wrap under for a more 
finished look) and tack it on.  If you're replacing the bunks, it's easier to attach 
the carpet, but the bunks are sort of a pain.

I used hefty c-clamps to hold the bunks in place then drilled the holes for 
attachment.  I countersunk the tops to drop the bolt heads below hull level, and just 
attached the carpet then slit it to get the bolts in.  t

�
Tom Smith and Jane Van Winkle
M15--345 �Chukar
M17--064� Unnamed



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to