Hello Rich,
I've replaced more than a few and have another one to replace 'soon'
(replacement trailer for our Dinghy).

You didn't say if the boards are good.
If desperate (no saw of your own), the Lumber companies will often even cut
the boards for you. I prefer Redwood or pressure treated lumber, so I don't
have to replace the wood as often (I've had one trailer for many years).

If you can use scissors, or a sheetrock knife to cut the carpet and a staple
gun, you should be fine.

I usually use a carpet that is water tolerant. WM even sells that kind of
carpet, or you can shop around with your local centers.  Buying the carpet
strips, ready to install is 'pricey'.  If you use house carpet, the glue or
binding often comes apart too easily.

Just my .02 cents
ga

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Cottrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Montgomery Boats" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 11:09 AM
Subject: M_Boats: bunk board carpet replacement


>
> The carpet needs replacing on "Really's" e-z loader
> trailer.  I'm going to be keeping the boat in the
> water at Coyote Point Harbor for a week.
>
> I've never replaced carpeting on a trailer before.
>
> Any suggestions or recormmendations?
>
> Thank's for your help.
>
>
> Rich Cottrell
> M15
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to