Hi Doug

The compass is filled with Kerosene or similar.

I don't think it will freeze. On airplanes the temperature is
also below freezing and I have never observed any ill effects.

One idea is to have a separate hatch board just for the compass.
Then when you lock the boat up you can keep the compass
down below out of the sun and weather.

Fair winds
Bob
(949) 489-8227

doug wrote:

I have put "umbra limi" to bed for the winter. As an
afterthought I am wondering if I should have pulled
the compass from the hatch-board. It is a Saturn 140a
bulkhead mount type. I cannot find the literature for
the compass which would give me the temperature
tolerances. I can expect to get to 10 below here in
the midwest if it is a bad winter. For those of you in
the cold climates do you leave or pull your compasses
for the winter? Thanks for any advice!




__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? All your favorites on one personal page – Try My Yahoo!
http://my.yahoo.com


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats





_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to