I should clarify on the tensioning. Besides the knob, it also has a line
for raising and lowering the blade. That line is snugged up and cleated
to hold the blade down. On impact, the line releases from the cleat,
allowing the blade to pivot. You then just have to pull that line back
tight and you're sailing again. Or you can raise the blade manually by
pulling and cleating the rear line.
Larry

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:04:37 -0600 "Gilbert Landin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> larry,  I looked at the picture on the site. Does the knob adjust 
> kick-up 
> tension? It looks like with the synth bottom 1/2 it would be less 
> maintenance. looks good..
> 
> gilbert
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Larry E Yake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:26 PM
> Subject: M_Boats: M17 kick-up rudder
> 
> 
> > Good news. A high performance kick-up rudder is now available for 
> the
> > M17.  I had Ida Sailor Marine in Boise, Idaho build one for 
> Tullamore and
> > they've added it to their product line. You can view it at this 
> link.
> > http://www.idasailor.com/catalog/default.php
> > It has a mahogany rudder head to maintain that classic look, with 
> a
> > balanced, foil shaped HDPE rudder blade. The one pictured has the 
> pintles
> > mounted to fit my boat, but they'll build to your specifications. 
> Price
> > seems very reasonable to me. They also make a replacement blade 
> for the
> > M15 that will bolt directly to your existing rudder head.
> >
> > It will be a couple months before I can try it out (still winter 
> here),
> > but I send a report as soon as I do.
> >
> > Larry
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > 
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> > 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to