Good point, it would be a inviting target for thieves.
Wayne
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Sylvester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "For and about Montgomery Sailboats"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: outboard motors
Wesley,
I will have to weigh in with Bones on this issue. Even though I push my
M-17 with a tiny Honda 2 and mount it in the transom cutout, I always
carry it in the back of the Jeep. Carrying 50+ pounds on the back of the
boat may not hurt, but it has the potential of loosening the bracket or
worse the transom. Pulling a trailer with extra weight in the back is
also an invitation for sway. When I pull into the local Burger King I
don't worry if the motor will be there when I get back.
Bill
M-17 #279
Endelig
On Mar 14, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Gary M Hyde wrote:
Wesley:
I trailed my M15 with the 2 hp Honda in place on the motor bracket on
the transom. The motor only weighs 28 pounds. Never had a problem.
I plan to trailer my M17 with the 50-pound Yamaha on the motor bracket
too. The bracket is pretty strong and well backed up on the transom as
far as I can tell. I like to minimize the work involved in trailing and
launching (am I lazy?!), and hefting that motor on and off might invite
back trouble. We will see how it goes.
--Gary Hyde
Pullman, WA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
M17 #637 'Hydeaway 2'
M15 #235 'Vanilla'
"...There's nothing quite like messing about in boats..."
On Mar 11, 2006, at 6:16 PM, wesley caskey wrote:
Bones
Excellent. Thanks for the reply. I have so much to
learn and I appreciate any info I can get.
wesley
--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi There Wesley,
I always remove my motor when transporting either
Montgomery.
Bones
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
____________________________
William Sylvester
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats