My 5 hp Honda weighs 62 pounds, and my previous Johnson 4 hp was about 30 or so pounds, but I would not leave either on the boat while trailering. The time to take the motor out of the cockpit, where I leave it while trailering, is less than one minute, and the rest of the setup is far more than that. I have the cutout transom, and I think that the stresses on the transom while going over bumps would be excessive at highway speeds. Just be careful when attaching the motor if the boat is in the water. I have a lanyard with a snap hook that I attach to the motor before lifting the motor into position. Tom Woodworth M-17 #330 "Wild Hare" _______________________________________________ http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Wayne Yeargain
- RE: M_Boats: outboard motors Gilbert Landin
- RE: M_Boats: outboard motors htmills
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Gary M Hyde
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Wayne Yeargain
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Gary M Hyde
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Bob Olson
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Gary M Hyde
- RE: M_Boats: outboard motors Tom Smith
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Rotortom2
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Gordon Allgrove
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Bill Tosh
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors BILLAMICASR
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors BILLAMICASR
- M_Boats: outboard motors Diane Kerr
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Wilsometer
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Richard Lane
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors Gary M Hyde
- Re: M_Boats: outboard motors judy casino
