I once raised my mast on my M17 and a small nest and two very small
featherless birds slid out on the deck.
I now keep a rag plug in the end while it's sitting in my driveway.
Wayne M17 #204
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Shenkel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'For and about Montgomery Sailboats'"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:41 PM
Subject: M_Boats: Internal Mast Plug
I recently intended to put some foam pipe insulation over the electrical
cables inside the mast to keep them from slapping the inside of the mast
while at anchor. About 4 feet into the bottom of the mast I ran into
something hard. An inspection with a flashlight revealed a bird's nest.
However, after removing it a hard plug remained.
Is this common (in Montgomery Mast's), or perhaps was this the PO's
attempt
at a similar fix?
Steve Shenkel <>< _/)
M17 # 263
Glendale, AZ
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats