Thanks Rik... that fits my mechanical ability to a tee.

Rik Sandberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Jeff,

Before I got too carried away taking apart carburetors, I'd get down to 
the parts store and get some "Sea Foam" and dose the gas tank up good. 
Good stuff. It'll probably clean out your problem without taking 
anything apart. Just had a Honda gen-set doing the same thing and 
running Sea Foam in it for an hour cleared it right up. You can always 
take stuff apart later if this doesn't work.

I like to keep a little Sea Foam in anything that doesn't get run on a 
real regular basis.

Rik



Jeff Royce wrote:
> Wow!!! Thanks for the prompt and detailed responses. I will try and clean the 
> jets first... now, here's a question... how does one go about cleaning the 
> jets? Perhaps i can find something in Google... 
> 
> Also, i have one of those outboards with a small internal tank so i can't run 
> it dry after every use. Will using Stabil take care of the problem for 
> engines such as mine?
> 
> Thanks again,
> 
> Jeff
> M17 #336
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
> 

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to