Robbin...
 
I have a box full of those custom sheaves. (if you have the stock masthead from
 
the old days). Give me a call on Monday and I will send you some. These are for 
the
 
1/8th inch wire halyard. In order to use all rope, you're going to have to 
widen the groove
 
for the rope. We use all rope these days. What I did was install a 1/4 inch 
bolt with nut 
 
in the center and chuck the bolt into a high speed drill press (vertical 
lathe...). Then
 
just held a series of files and sand paper to widen the groove to accomodate 
the rope.
 
Now days we use the dwyer masthead for the DM-6 mast; it's already set up for 
rope.
 
(part number DH-106) 
 
Fair winds
Bob Eeg
(949) 489-8227
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
> Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:05:30 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: 
> [email protected]> Subject: M_Boats: M-17 sheaves or mast 
> head fitting> > One of my sheaves (the wheels for the halyards) is broken. I 
> have not > been successful finding a replacement from the selections at West 
> Marine > or Dwyer. Has anyone replaced these or has anyone bought a new mast 
> > head for the M-17? I saw that there was a recommendation of Dwyer DM-4 > 
> for the M-15 but not similar recommended mast tube size for the 17.> I am 
> also trying to replace the wire halyards with rope halyards since I > am 
> leading these back to the cockpit. Is anyone using rope halyards?> > Thanks 
> in advance,> Robbin> > > > > _______________________________________________> 
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to