Hi Tom,
On the Photo Site, Gary O sent pictures of his M17 transom repair, caused by
trailering with a large
outboard, by the previous owner.
My previous M17 (1992) was trailered with a 6hp Johnson for better than ten
years, without mishap.
May be the luck of the draw. Or, a difference in highways, driving habits
and driving distance.
I know my old M17 was not trailered very far and on paved highways in So
Oregon.
Bill

http://www.msogphotosite.com/lbgftransom.html




On 5/4/08, Tom Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Montgomery people,
>
> On occasion, raising even a Honda 5 onto the outboard bracket of a 17
> seems
> threatening to the skeleton, so I am wondering if any of you with a 21st
> century M17 leaves the iron jib in place while traveling.  The transom and
> bracket look strong, but I certainly would not want to compromise any of
> that nice fiberglass.
>
> Sorry if this has been discussed already.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Jenkins
>
> M17 Scintilla (2004)
>
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
>
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to