Thanks for the clarification Aaron.

I've been using MooTools for 6-7 years now - basically it's integrated in
one way or another into almost every website I've created (several relying
heavily on MooTools for ui/ajax etc). I don't plan to change either, though
this thread did cause some concern. I guess what is needed is a bit of
clarity - so as I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) Although MooTools will not actively be developed any more in its present
form, it will continue to be available via the MooTools website (ie:
builds, docs etc)?

2) The MooTools core-dev team will still continue "supporting"
*existing*versions (eg: bug-fixes relating from newer browsers,
mailinglist support),
and you will be pushing out new releases when fixes are applied (I realise
it's possible for developers to fork and send pull requests)?

Many thanks,
Ralph

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Aaron Newton <anut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm building things on MooTools today. We don't have some of the
> needs that might force me off it (a thick client with server push for
> example). When I look at the landscape, there's still no better framework
> for doing this kind of work, IMHO. I just don't rely on the community that
> much; that is to say, when I need something, I write it. I'm still very
> much enamored with my Behavior stuff (so much so that I've been
> contemplating porting it to be framework agnostic). You don't have to stop
> using MooTools. Just don't expect it to solve all your problems (thin
> client stuff, and while it works fine for mobile, it's payload - e.g. file
> size - can quickly get out of hand).
>
> I'll reiterate to the community here: the best way to make MooTools last
> is to start working on it directly. Don't get frustrated if you don't have
> commit rights; there's a reason it's so easy to fork things on Github. If
> you started working on a version of MooTools that added a few features and
> fixed a bunch of bugs, the next thing you know you'll probably have people
> sending you pull requests on your unofficial version. When that happens,
> the core-dev team will start asking if you want commit rights. YOU can make
> things happen. You just have to do it.
>

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM, utan <vcomputado...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah,
>>
>> As I thought you are saving memory using the prototype but it looks
>> verbose to me, somehow I knew Mootools was using the prototype internally
>> but the outside would be as creating a raw object without prototyping, Now
>> Arian's classy needs Prime as requirement right or not?
>> Can I use it on the browser alone or its just node.js only..
>>
>> I like Mootools class so I want to stick with something similar which
>> will give me performance, for me saving memory its performance wise.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---
>>

>  --
>
> ---