    *From:* Peter <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
    <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
    *Sent:* Friday, July 15, 2005 7:35 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [MOPO] continuing aol problems

    seam123 wrote:

This is spot on. The best advice, seeing as how it's
unlikely AOL will solve this problem, is to just sign
up for a yahoo mail account. The issue will disappear.
It's not just with MoPo that this problem exists.

    Hi all.

    AOL has another agenda I think. I get the same problems mailing a
    friend in the UK from Holland.
    They won't solve the problem since its by design.. See below:

    I have noticed that it isn't constant, some get through and others
    don't.
    One that didn't had advice on a few computer virusses in them. It
    was delayed for two days and then bounced.
    I removed the word "virus" and all went well.

    A second one contained a few URLs. No go. They do send back an
    error number and a URL to the explanation of it.
    So based on that info you can find out what happens to your mails
    should you want to go into that.

    Here's one of mine:

        * *554 HVU:B1
          http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html*

        *EXPLANATION:*

        There is at least one URL in your email that is generating
        substantial complaints from AOL members.

        *SOLUTION:*

        If you own all the domains linked to in your e-mail, please to
        discuss more effective management of your complaint levels.
        You can start by setting up a free complaint loop through this
        form. This will allow you to receive AOL member complaints
        against your domain.

        If you do not own the domain, please have the owner of that
        domain

    "There is at least one URL in your email that is generating
    substantial complaints from AOL members."

    Well.. thats nice. It had a whopping TWO.

    Its obvious, they are using content scanning software which is set
    too strict.

    F.i. any message warning people not to go to url www . xxx . xxx .
    something will go in the bin if lots of people complain about
    being such a site warned.

    Now the only thing to do is try and avoid text that might trigger
    their filters. Absurd if you ask me. I bet they have filters set
    for common phrases all sellers here use. Obviously to keep their
    subscribers from being bombed by spam mail with offers for FREE
    med!c!ne ..

    There used to be a time when they called it America Off Line. Come
    back all is forgiven.

    And this will also test their filters as well. I think I have used
    enough phrases and broke all spam mail rules to have this one
    filtered for all AOLers.
    If you get this anyway I'm stumped and will take a nice whiskey
    next time I see a bounced email arrive again.

    Peter

    7/14/2005