  From: Ari Richards
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 9:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] A shift in thinking, linen-backing & slabbing?

  I work in the Rare Coin and Banknote industry (again) and while US coins are
slabbed, the rest of the world frowns upon it.

  In Australia, or at least where I work if we get a slabbed coin we grab a
screw driver and smash the slab and card it.

  I personally wouldnt buy a slabbed card, unless the price was the same as an
unslabbed card, then receiveing it id smash the slab and TOUCH the card and
smell it and enjoy the PAPER. I dont collect plastic.

  Investoprs might like slabbed but collectors (I HOPE) want to feel what they
love.

  Ari