Evan's reply is illogical when he states that he does not factor  the cost of
shipping into what he will pay for a poster.  If what he  says is true then
he must only bid on very expensive posters but I doubt that  because as an
example he cites $50 for a poster.  At that price  postage is a definite factor
be considered. In any case, shipping is a  cost to be considered.  He states
that regardless of the shipping he will  not pay $51 if he made up his mind to
bid $50.

I ask him--------If two posters are up for auction that you want  and are
willing to pay $50 for each----------Will you bid exactly $50 for each  if one
states shipping is $10 and the other states shipping is Free?

I just purchased two posters at auctions.  I paid $727 for a  poster from
Bruce H and I never factored shipping in while I was bidding.   Postage for
this
poster was irrelevant to me when bidding.  (As an aside,  Bruce Hershenson
spent $20.50 in postage plus the cost of the tube and the labor  in packing and
only charged me $9 for shipping.)

I bought a poster from Heritage for less than $45 and paid around  $18 in
shipping (very well packed and a large flat).  The price was fair  for both
(even
if Bruce had charged the full amount).

My point here is simple.  I paid no attention to the shipping  cost with the
poster from Bruce because I was willing to pay more than  the final price (I
bid higher but the other person stopped at  $702).  I definitely factored in
the shipping price with Heritage  because I did not want to exceed $85 for the
poster so I placed a bid around  $65.  Shipping becomes minor as the price of
the poster  increases.

In any case, this is another situation where ebay is making changes  to
strengthen their bottom line without giving the consequences the necessary
serious
thought.
As Bruce H said recently--------This is the best example of a  mismanaged
company.