Leo Gorcey's younger brother David was also a part of the "gang."  He played
"Peewee" and "Chuck."

TGormley
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 4:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Fun MOPO Thread

  As a pre-teen in New York in the late 1950s/early 1960s, they showed ALL the
Shirley Temple movies on Saturday mornings, as well as most of the Bowery Boys,
and the Charlie Chans. So I knew all those series inside and out, but oddly,
they never seemed to show hardly any Twentieth Century Fox musicals, and to
this day I don't know that I have ever seen even one movie with Alice Faye or
Betty Grable (major gaps in my film education, I am sure).

  I watched the Bowery Boys every week. and somehow never got tired of them. I
was amazed years later to learn that the little Sweet Shop owner, Louie, was
actually Loe Gorcey's father! Here was Leo slapping and abusing his own father
in every movie. I guess there wasn't something Freudian going on there!

  Bruce