It is indeed a sobering thought the first time you realise you are saying
something to your own children that was said to you... that REALLY used to
annoy you as a child.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] mopo hall monitors

  Sue, I take it you don't have kids, because every parent uses that line. Once
my kids got old enough to somewhat listen, I found all those phrases popping
out of my mouth left and right, and I swear I didn't even know they were in my
memory a moment before I said them!

  I think its kind of a Pavlovian reflex.

  One of my favorites is when I am trying to work or cook or something, and my
kids come over and say "I'm bored and I have nothing to do", and I say "I bet I
can find you something to do, but you may not like it" (like cleaning their
room) and they hustle off quick and find something to do!

  Bruce