that would be the same as saying that colorized black and white films that are done via computer are the same as those that were done back in the day, when they were HAND tinted, frame by frame.

the two descriptions and meanings of that term could not be more different, technology or not, 21st century or not.

jeff

On Apr 21, 2009, at 6:50 AM, Dave Rosen wrote:

Well, I am old school. I hand-draw my cartoons in pen and ink on real paper, then scan them and add color using Photoshop. But I would never dream of calling them "hand-colored." That would imply that I used a brush and paints (or colored pencils, or crayons), which I don't.

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Halegua Comic Art" <sa...@comic-art.com> To: "Dave Rosen" <hah...@sympatico.ca>; <MoPo- l...@listserv.american.edu>; "Jeff Potokar" <jpotok...@ca.rr.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:38 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Bride of Frankenstein photo in "color."

actually I believe it is hand tinting, especially if he has an artist's tablet all comics and related items are colored via computer & many are totally drawn within a computer

*****digital art*****

only old school artists who work in graphic arts use a brush or pen anymore and frequently those that do use a Flair pen

that's just the way it is now.. 21st century art

Rich