I WAS GLAD TO SEE THE FOLLOWINF  POST:

In a message dated 9/9/2009 3:36:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
m...@vintagemovieart.ca writes:

I asked  for a link as soon as I heard a backer/dealer wanted it sold by
another  dealer. I took a close look at the large picture and there is web and
creases  throughout the poster.

This is not easy to asses from a picture and  I could be totally wrong. But
there is a chance that this poster went  through a bleach bath and things
did not go to well, which would explain the  wash out of colors and the
possibility that the paper got burned in to a pulp  stage. That would explain
why
there is creases and criss cross touch up  patterns throughout the poster.
To me it looks like the poster and paper is in  rough shape.
I have been suggesting that there are other problems  with this poster.
You see this with the enlargement feature.  While  fading is one of the worst
disasters, the defects of this poster is not limited  to just that.   We can
guess, like VintageMovirArt stated, as to the  need for crisscross touch up
patters.  THOSE ARE  DEFECTS!!!!

But....i have suggested that those touch-up patterns  reveal something:
since the touch-ups are a different color/shade of  orange---->>>DONT YOU
THINK IT FADED AFTER THE  RESTORATION.

AND DO YOU AGREE THAT THE SHADING IS DIFFERENT FROM  ONE SIDE AND FROM TOP
TO BOTTOM AND SIDE TO SIDE OF THE  IMAGE????

michael