jeffery and Folks- thats because the entire Movie poster world is based on illegal
obtaining of poster.... that simple...
heck even the gig I had hanging posters was Illegal...
I worked for a company ... and I did Detroit

However if I got busted and asked who I worked for I was told to say I didnt know... and that I just happed to have a Roll of one sheets in my arm and decided to staple them up and down detroit streets... Imagine ... and who says Im crazy??? that was years and years ago folks..my ex wife made me stop. as it was dangerous Nothing like woodward ave at night banging posters on old buildings...in dingy parts... I alsos did music posters for albums and was hnging madonna True blue album whenin dearborn the police made me remove all and almost threw me in jail... fun time ..... well it was interesting GIG and
I enjoyed the experiance

Point is though the poster industry is kinda like teh circus , or like
carnivals.. as its aall ballyhoo materials and show business in itself
has always been a elusive thing to pin down as its loaded with gimmicks and propoganda... to make it bigger then Life for consumers.
I love it.. :) and I love all the peopel in the business...
even the bootleggers as they dont copy something unless it can sell
and they like it as they take a risk on the repos also...
thers definately no business like show business//////  :)
rah rah

Tom

..

Walton, Jeffrey wrote:

Frankly I don't think provenance is much of a concern, I think the only thing that truly matters is if it is genuine or not....I couldn't tell you where I got 95 percent of my posters...and that's including my long sought-after holy grail - all I know it came from some guy in California....I have bought on ebay, traded, purchased from small printed ads in MCW, the internet, brick and mortar stores, my, god my head hurts just trying to think where my last poster came from. When it comes down to it, what matters more, did it come from Ron or Todd or Joe Schmoe or is it the real McCoy? I mean I have a lobby card that was in the Ramone collection and really what proof do I have of that besides the auction house told me it was...big deal I wanted the card, it's genuine, that's all I care about, the rest is, in my opinion hearsay.

If you bought a piece at auction and it turns out to be fake, you deal with the auction house and that's it, then you keep your eyes open a little bit wider the next time you seek a piece to add to your collection.