David I have to respectfully disagree with the theory your setting forth... its patently not true in my opinion.

Where you in business in 1977 - 1989 period- selling movie Posters? Did you have a business relationship with any suppliers during the years in question? When you purport that the posters that are rumored to have been made Most Likely after hours where did your information come from to support that? who told You? what documents can support your allegations.? On what date did each poster get printed and by whom and where? who were the dealers that sold the posters and what specific titles where sold.?

where were these reprints printed and if they were done after hours on the same press and same printer on same paper then by all means that is t like printing a 35 mm movie print off the original negative and is a original. copy just as the rest but just later in day

What proof do you have or facts that they're printed at same plant and documents or statements by whom to support your theory? what is the date they were printed.

where have you obtained Your fake posters from as are Your posters also suspect then ?

Why would you carry fake posters ? Is your source for the fakes also a maker of other fakes?

Do you carry other fakes if so what items in your inventory are fakes also. On what authority do you have

the ability to differentiate a fake from a real Poster? Are you accredited and licensed to make appraisals

or just offer your professional Opinion?  please advise.

However thetas Not the case.. because if they were not originals what your saying is that a employee would stay and jeopardize a job , possible legal suit and more to make posters tat were available for 3.00 at the time
and abundant.
As I have stated clear Im not saying that there are NOt reproductions out there that have been done since the 80s , My point was there was a Lot of posters that came from National screen when they closed the cleveland office that were to be Dumped and were purchased by a dealer I personally Know and were offered along with many many more titles then just the few that people keep bringing up alone...

Plus to me its so absurd that you and many others that just make claims like You do about the history of the
posters do so.. when  I can say  with 100 % certainty that they existed.

I will not insult you by saying anyone that doesn't agree is flat wrong without the facts,,, But I was there when all these came out and there just was no reason to create these as they didn't sell.. or I would have bought them at 3.00 heck I have posters from 80s I bought I still have and I even have star wars I bought at the star wars celebration in denver

so Why would I defend the Minty whites if I 1. ) don't have any,, 2.) never sold them anyway.... whets the purpose... Its not like I would sell them now because of the Rumors spread by many...

But let it stand what you have said.. because you have made it fact in your book and that to me
is very dangerous  without having Ironclad data to support your statements.

I was there at the time, received the lists and dealt with the poster sellers at the time period.. and all Im saying was there was Inserts Unused in mint shape as they were on sheleves at Nation screen service and they were sold 3.00 wholesale. ... If they were made in the same plant, on same paper from same plates whether in the morning or night its the same poster,, also your entire business is unauthorized if you think as Posters are not to be sold correct so you are unauthorized to do it also... If you want to get all legal.. Or are you licensed to sell movie posters by some
studio?
makes no sense , your facts are weak at best...
and to place that info on your site and state those things as facts is not prudent
wisdom to the customers. in my humble opinion.

I offer this for consideration and to help others understand the history of Posters.

best, Tom

David Lieberman wrote:

how many times do we have to discuss this same topic? ;)
The "minty white" inserts were printed in the mid to late 1980's. They are "unauthorized" restrikes. They were most likely done "after hours" at the same place the originals were printed years before (at one of the nss printing facilities).....that is why the quality is just as good as the originals.........that is why they fooled so many people......and that is why they still fool people today. Some are virtually identical with the same art cropping etc., and some have the artwork slightly cropped. The list of titles is on our website.....some of these fake inserts include: a clockwork orange -X rated, jaws, star wars, esb, rotj, scarface, blade runner, manhattan. There were also several unauthorized restrike one sheets printed around the same time. They probably came from the same source as the minty white inserts (at least that's my humble opinion!). The manhattan style b 1sh, fast times 1sh, rocky horror 1sh, star wars a,b,c one sheets.....as well as several others.

We have done several comparisons side by side and have close ups of some of them (not all) on our site. They aren't all in one place though on the website. Some of them (like scarface and manhattan) we haven't done only because we haven't had a fake one and a real one in stock at the same time so we could compare them side by side. Anybody who thinks the minty white inserts are "real".....is flat out wrong.

David Lieberman
CineMasterpieces.com <http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/> | 15721 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Suite 105 -- Scottsdale, Az 85260 Vintage Original Movie Posters | 602 309 0500 | Office/Gallery Open By Appt. Only.